*Regular Course:$175.00/person Saturday Course: $220.00
Our course is a full-day 8-hour session that includes both theory learning and ground disturbance exercises. Participants in the Global Ground Disturbance course will learn the following topics:
- Types of Ground Disturbances. The different types of Ground Disturbance classifications and their associated hazards.
- “Call Before you Dig” Guidelines for Safe Excavations. How to use the “Call before you Dig” systems and ensure the safety of workers prior to excavation.
- Legislation; Due Diligence and how it affects you. What laws affect Ground Disturbance both specifically and generally, and what responsibilities exist under the law for workers, supervisors, employers, and property owners in worksites involving disturbing the ground.
- Soil Terminology/Classifications. How to classify Soil Types and best practices in adjusting shoring grades to match the appropriate soil condition.
- Hazard Assessment and Control Techniques. How to use Hazard Assessment techniques, and how to control the hazards encountered after the assessment, to protect the worksite and workers therein.
- Overhead Power lines and Safe Limits Of Approach. The safe limits of approach for overhead power lines vary by voltage and current, and require careful adherence to avoid electrical discharge.
- Confined Space Entry and Codes of Practice. What legislation and industry practices affect the entry of confined spaces, and what industry Codes of Practice may also be binding?
- Shoring Systems. How to utilize shoring systems to secure the banks of excavations or tunnels.
Call us today to register for your Ground Disturbance training!