This is a classroom-based 1-day SCS-certified course in fall protection. It is available from SCS when requested to suit your schedule, with a minimum of 5 student enrollments required.
Note that this is not the ESC fall protection course. If you need ESC certification, please click back and select that course instead. The difference between this course and the ESC fall protection course besides a lower cost, is that the ESC one results in certification from ESC and requires a closed book exam while this one has a shorter, open-book exam and results in SCS certification.
This fall protection training provides the theory and practical skills so you can work safely at height. It also includes hands-on exercises where you will be taught to fit and adjust a harness, hang from a fall protection system tripod, and explore self-rescue techniques.
If your job requires you to work at heights, you need training on the appropriate fall protection systems that meet the standards of due diligence and keep you safe on the job.
Fall protection is more than just wearing a harness and lifeline. It includes the systems of fall protection from eliminating the hazard where possible, engineering it away, or applying administrative controls. These topics are covered in the course, as well as the following:
- Legislative standards and industry best practices that apply to working at heights
- Fall hazards and controls
- Engineering controls (fall prevention and containment systems)
- Administrative controls (fall protection planning and rescue planning)
- Personal protective equipment (correct selection and use of PPE)
- Inspection and maintenance of fall protection systems and components
- Calculation of free fall distance, total fall distance and minimum required clearance
- Donning and use of fall arrest components
- Physiological effects of being suspended in a fall arrest harness
Prerequisites and PPE
You don’t need to complete any other courses or have any prior experience to enroll in this course. You also don’t need to bring along any personal protective equipment (PPE).
Note: All courses require you to have government-issued photo ID.