Course Length: 8 Hours
Safety Coordination Services offers a Managing Drug and Alcohol Programs professional development seminar, intended for managers and supervisors responsible for overseeing organizational compliance and health and safety regulation. Our one-day program explores the significance of drug/alcohol affected persons in the workplace. While difficult to nail down just how common or serious the problem is, we do know that the numbers of individuals that use, abuse, or are reliant on frequent or continued use of drugs or alcohol is very concerning. This opinion would hold true in just about any workplace environment. Recent changes in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Legislation, along with better informed employers, has created a realization that serious attention must be given to ensuring that employees arriving to the workplace are in fact “Fit-For-Work!”
Participants will learn:
- The components of an effective and successful Drug/Alcohol Management Programs.
- The legislation at the federal and provincial levels that regulates Drugs or Alcohol in the workplace.
- What responsibilities workers, supervisors, managers, employers, and prime contractors have regarding drug and alcohol prevention in the workplace.
- What responsibilities exist for the worker and the organization in the event of a substance abuse or addiction problem.
- How to maintain, audit, and establish a drug testing program appropriate for responsibilities and obligations under the OH&S system.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion at the end of the seminar.