*Regular Course:$150.00/person Saturday Course: $175.00
H2S Alive™ training is the industry gold standard in Alberta for workers in the upstream oil and gas industry. Safety Coordination Services’ partnership with Enform, ensures that we can bring you the best quality training, every day of the week, and on most weekends. We are the only provider in Edmonton who provides H2S Alive™ every weekday, and most weekends, ensuring you can get this essential training when you need it.
Hydrogen Sulphide is a deadly poisonous gas that occurs naturally in great quantities in oil and gas products. Exposure to Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) can result in immediate death or permanent injury, and must be prevented or controlled to minimize harm to the worker. H2S Alive™ is the definitive Hydrogen Sulphide safety ticket in Alberta, and we’re proud to provide it.
- Physical Properties of Hydrogen Sulphide: How to detect it, where to expect it, how to avoid it or escape it in the event of a release.
- How to protect yourself from contact with H2S: Emergency techniques to avoid H2S exposure in the event of a detected leak or release, and steps workers can take to protect themselves and others.
- Gas Detection Techniques: How to use gas detection monitors and sampling pumps before entering untested and potentially hazardous areas.
- Use of Breathing Apparatus (SCBA, SABA): How to safely and successfully use Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus for escaping from or working in areas with hazardous H2S concentrations.
- Rescue Techniques: Artificial respiration, rescue strategies and techniques, including details on confined space area rescues and introduction to technical high-angle rescues.
- Participants will learn:
If you plan to work in the oilfields or any petroleum handling facility, H2S Alive™ is mandatory for over 98% of all employees and facilities staff, reflecting the importance of protection against the dangers of Hydrogen Sulphide and the commitment of the industry to preventing fatalities and injuries.
Contact Safety Coordination Services today to book your H2S Alive™ training.