Course Length: 8 Hours
Our 8-hour professional development seminar includes learning points on the following topics:
- Workplace Violence Definitions. What defines Workplace Violence under the provincial and federal regulations, and how the definition is “read into” beyond simple physical violence or threats thereof.
- Provincial and Federal Legislation. What legislation in Canada applies to workplace violence situations and programs, and what obligations does an employer have from province to province, or federally.
- Prevention Measures. Learn the effective violence prevention measures that stops workplace violence before it starts.
- Corporate Policies. What policies against workplace violence does your company or organization require? What does the policy require? What responsibilities must be assigned?
- Peer, Union, and Team Support. Preventing workplace violence is a team effort, and the support of peer groups, unions, and working teams is critical to the success of any workplace violence prevention program.
Our Dealing with Workplace Violence program is an 8 hour course. Participants will receive a certificate of participation upon successful completion of the program.