Industrial Hygiene Division
Welcome to Safety Coordination Services’ (SCS) Industrial Hygiene Division. First of all, we will assist you in the anticipation, identification, evaluation and control of environmental agents present in your workplace that may cause adverse health effects for workers as well as significant discomfort in the community at large. And in addition, will help you to develop and implement appropriate and cost-effective control measures.
Furthermore, we can coordinate with our Occupational Health Division to perform recommended and required mask fit testing. Especially relevant, mask fit testing will ensure employees will be safe when dealing with any of the noted hazardous materials, gasses and vapors they may come into contact with. We can also offer Pulmonary Function testing to track lung function, and screen for the possibility of restrictive or obstructive pulmonary diseases that also have the potential to be caused by exposure to the number of hazards listed. So let’s work together and stay safe.
Professional services are available in the fields of:
- Hazardous Building Materials Assessments for the presence of asbestos, lead, mercury, PCBs, radio-active components, ozone-depleting substances, and bio hazards, etc.,
- Biological Assessments for the presence of mould/fungal growth and other microbiological growth based on water intrusion events,
- Hazardous Materials Abatement planning, management, air monitoring and site inspection services,
- Asbestos Management Plans where SCS will identify, quantify, and assess the risk as well as provide ongoing evaluations when asbestos is to remain within your facility,
- Occupational Exposure Assessments and workplace monitoring for chemical hazards such as welding/diesel fumes, hydrocarbons/solvents, cutting oils/mists, silica, particulates, aldehydes, and alkali/caustics, etc.
- Assessments for Physical Hazards such as noise, heat stress, vibration and radiation,
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments to evaluate your building’s air quality, such as CO, CO2, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), particulates, relative humidity and temperature, and
- Education/Training offering course such as the 2-Day OHS approved Occupational Health and Safety for the Asbestos Worker, and a 4-hour Asbestos Awareness course, etc.
Industrial/Occupational Hygiene Surveys are undertaken to:
- verify compliance with Provincial Health and Safety agencies
- assess exposure probability and determine cause-effect relationship on health
- provide in-depth analysis of reported health complaints and authenticate concerns
Consequently, Occupational hygiene assessments and sampling methodologies are carried out in accordance with the criteria accepted by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), National Institute of Safety & Health (NIOSH) and the Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation and Code.
Furthermore, based on the findings of the hygiene survey, SCS will assist you to develop and implement appropriate and cost-effective control measures. As a result, these measures are top quality and include engineering controls, administrative controls and personal protective equipment programs.
Also, SCS’s health and safety professionals, medical professionals, and industrial/occupational hygienists will provide a complete range of occupational hygiene, and safety services solutions to your meet all of your organizations needs and concerns.
Professional services include:
- Asbestos Testing & Assessment
- Asbestos Management
- Hazardous Building Materials Management Services
- Mould Testing & Assessment Services
- Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessment Services
- Indoor Air Quality Services
So for more information, please contact:
Group Lead, Industrial Hygiene Division
Phone: (780) 485-3585