The seven (7) day Safety Coordination Services Level 3 Confined Space Rescue course is the technician level of confined space rescue. This course is designed as a technician level confined space rescue program, which builds on current rescue skill levels and introduces students to advanced techniques in confined space rescue and team dynamics. This course consists of both classroom as well as practical field instruction, with an emphasis on advanced team skills, advanced victim packaging and extraction, team building, and team management. The student will learn complex rigging systems, mechanical advantage systems, advanced confined space operations, and team building and maintenance. This program provides the student with the advanced knowledge and skills to move into the Team Leader program. Special attention shall be given at the operational safety level.
This technician level confined space rescue program allows the rescuer to manage a team, mentor level 1 and level 2 confined space rescue team members, and work as a team member during a rope rescue evolution, either actual or simulated. Upon successful completion of this program the student will have the opportunity to move into the Team Leader program.
This program covers the following topics:
- Operational safety and rescue risk management.
- Personal rope skill maintenance. (Ropes and Knots)
- Complex rigging, anchoring, and mechanical advantage systems.
- Multi-rescuer operations and atmospheric testing.
- Confined Space Rescue Technician roles and responsibilities.
- Advanced team confined space operations.
- Rescue equipment selection, maintenance and inspection.
- Team building, team maintenance, and scenarios.
- Advanced victim packaging and extraction.
Students will be issued a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of a written exam and demonstrated practical skills. Full attendance is mandatory for completion.