This ten (10) hour level 2 incident command program is the second level of incident command. This seminar provides more information and skills based knowledge for the use of the incident management system for mitigation of emergencies within industry and the municipal emergency services. The program goes further into detail concerning the use and development of the incident command system. The seminar covers multijurisdictional IMS, unified command, command staff, incident action planning, and post-incident demobilization. The program consists of classroom, and tabletop exercises, with an emphasis on documentation and planning. The student shall learn the use of the incident management systems including multi-jurisdictional, unified and multi-agency structures. Tabletop exercises shall be discussed. This program provides the student with the skills to confidently and efficiently utilize the incident management system. Special attention shall be given to departmental implementation and operational integration.
*This seminar will give the student the personal skills to effectively and efficiently use the incident management system. Recommended bi yearly internal training be utilized to maintain skills.
This program covers the following topics:
- Multi-jurisdictional incident management system
- Incident command general operating guidelines
- Roles and responsibilities of command staff
- Operational integration and department implementation
- Incident action planning
- Documentation and operational logs
- Municipal and Provincial legislation
- Media and media roles
- Post-incident demobilization
- Tabletop exercise
- Multi-agency communications
- Multi-agency response and unified command
Students will be issued a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of a written exam. Full attendance is mandatory for completion.