This three day Level 1 – The Safety Coordination Services Confined Space Rescue course is the introduction to confined space rescue open rescue operations, and principles involving confined spaces. This course is designed as an entry-level confined space rescue program, which introduces students to the confined space rescue environment, personal rope skills, rescue legislation, and standards regarding confined space rescue and confined space operations. This course consists of both classroom as well as practical field instruction, with an emphasis on personal skills and safety. The student shall learn basic rope systems, rescue equipment familiarization, and confined space rescue skills. This program provides the student with the foundation skills to move into the Safety Coordination Services Level 2 Confined Space Rescue program. Special attention shall be given to personal safety.
*This is a basic level confined space rescue program. It will not allow the individual to work in a rescue environment, nor will it allow the individual to affect a rescue, but it will give the student the personal skills to move into the Safety Coordination Services Level 2 Confined Space Rescue program.
- Personal safety/Personal Protective Gear.
- Personal rope skills. (Ropes and Knots)
- Legislation and Confined Space Rescue Standards.
- Basic rope principles, self rescue, rigging, and anchoring.
- Confined space classifications and confined space operations.
- Basic Incident Command (ICS.)
- Rescue equipment selection, maintenance and inspection.
- Safety checks and scene surveys.
- Personal and commercial hazardous atmosphere monitors.
- Hazard assessments/Pre-entry Permits.
Students will be issued a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of a written exam and demonstrated practical skills. Full attendance is mandatory for completion.
Minimum 6 students.