*Regular Course:$180.00/person Saturday Course: $220.00
Workers at heights require training and appropriate fall protection systems to meet the standards of due diligence. Fall protection is more than just wearing a harness and lifeline; it encompasses the systems of fall protection that begin with eliminating the hazard where possible, engineering it away, or applying administrative controls. Personal Protective Equipment such as a harness and lifeline is always a last resort.
Our 8-hour Fall Protection program provides a comprehensive overview of the legislation and best working practices that apply to working at heights. Participants will learn:
- Legislative Standards
- Fall Hazards and Controls
- Administrative Controls (Fall Protection Planning and Rescue Planning)
- Engineering Controls (Fall Prevention & Containment Systems)
- Personal Protective Equipment (correct selection and use of PPE)
- Inspection and Maintenance of Fall Protection Systems and Components
- Calculation of Free Fall Distance, Total Fall Distance and Minimum Required Clearance
- Donning & Use of Fall Arrest Components
- The physiological effects of being suspended in a fall arrest harness
Our Fall Protection training course also includes a physical training component; students will be taught to fit and adjust their harness, hang from a fall protection system tripod, and explore self-rescue techniques.