SPECIAL SALE! From now until the end of March, $195.00! A savings of $35.00!
*Regular Course:$230.00/person Saturday Course: $255.00
This Elevated Work Platform course is certified by the Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA)™ and is recognized on all OSSA™ partnership worksites in northern Alberta.
Participants of this one-day course will learn:
- Legislative Standards. What legislation applies in Alberta, and Canada-wide, to the use and deployment of Elevated Work Platforms, and their regulations and hazards? What industry-specific codes of practice are in place?
- Fall Hazards and Controls â€“ How to recognize, quantify, and control a fall hazard.
- Load Limitations and Calculations. How to determine load limitations and calculate them.
- Machine Specific Features. What features are unique to each type of elevated work platform?
- Personal Protective Equipment as it applies to Elevated Work Platforms. What personal protective equipment is needed for workers at heights, and those driving or operating these Elevated Work Platforms?
- Factors Affecting Stability. What factors can affect the stability of an Elevated Work Platform, and what can be done to improve stability of the lift.
- Elevated Work Platform Types. The major types and designs of Elevated Work Platforms, and their operating and technical differences.
- Elevated Work Platform System Components. The major components of an Elevated Work Platform, their function, and points of inspection to examine prior and after use.
- Inspection & Maintenance of Elevated Work Platforms and relevant components.
Mobile lifts and powered lifts present a serious risk of injury or death in the event of accidents or untrained use; be prepared for through our OSSA™-certified Elevated Work Platform program.