Confined Space Entry and Monitor (8 Hours)
*Regular Course:$180.00 Saturday Course: $220.00
Workers who enter or monitor confined spaces as part of their duties require training in the unique hazards posed by their environment. Atmospheric hazards, assess hazards, entrapment, engulfment, and many other dangers lurk in confined spaces, and rescue from these spaces is often slow, technical, and difficult. Our OSSA™ certified Confined Space Entry Monitor program provides the workers who enter or monitor confined spaces with the necessary knowledge to work safely and effectively in confined spaces on the worksite.
This Confined Space Entry Monitor course is certified by the Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA)™ and is recognized on all OSSA™ partnership worksites in northern Alberta.
Participants of this one-day course will learn:
- Hazards of confined spaces. What unique hazards to confined spaces exist, and how they are controlled.
- Preparation for entry What steps must be undertaken in preparation for entry into a confined space? In OSSA™ -regulated sites, what permit processes must be followed?
- Working in confined spaces. What considerations must be given to various kinds of work in a confined space?
- Use of SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) or SABA (Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus) How to use breathing apparatus devices within confined spaces, and what device is best suited for what application.
- Post-entry debriefing. How to explore what went right and wrong in a confined space entry, and how to learn from both success and failures.
- Legislative Standards. What legislation governs both confined space entry and confined space monitors?
- Classification of Confined Space Entries (Oil Sands Safety Association Recognized Code of Practice) How are Confined Space Entries classified in OSSA™ -regulated worksites? What unique classifications and regulations must be adhered to on their sites?
- Hazardous Atmospheres & Testing What classifies a hazardous atmosphere and how is it tested safely?
- Entry Authorization. How is entry controlled, recorded, and restricted appropriately?
- Duties & Responsibilities What duties and responsibilities do workers and monitors have, regarding confined spaces?
Confined and restricted spaces present a serious risk of injury or death in the event of accidents or untrained use; our OSSA™ -certified Confined Space Entry and Monitor program provides skills and knowledge to protect you and your personnel.